Below is a listing of a few upcoming church events. Mark your calendars and we hope you'll plan to join us!
upcoming church events
"ADULT U" season of prayer
- These sessions that span the season of Lent are intended for us to gather to discuss, reflect, and experiment with new topics and types of prayer. Each session is led by a different church member!
- Wednesdays, March 1-April 5 | 6:30-8pm | Brown Chapel Foyer (Fireside)
- This Wednesday, March 15: "Keeping Company with Jesus", led by Marti Parker
PARENT'S NIGHT OUT
- SDFC Kids is sponsoring a Parent's Night Out! We'll provide childcare + dinner at the church for kids ages 0 thru 5th grade, while their parents are able to enjoy an evening together!
- Friday, March 24 | 5:00-7:30pm
- Pre-registration required. $10 per child (max $20 per family). CLICK HERE to register & pay online.
CHURCH SERVICE DAY
- Join us as we pack hygiene kits and collect shelf-stable pantry goods for our ministry partners, Loaves & Fishes, in Ocean Beach! Feel free to bring your donations the day-of or drop them off in the church office during the week or on a Sunday morning.
- Saturday, March 25 | 10:00am-12:00pm in the Youth Room
Holy Week at SDFC
- Good Friday Service: Our reflective Tenebrae-style worship experience will tell the story of Christ's death as the Sanctuary gradually darkens. | April 7, 7:00pm in Brown Chapel
- Easter Jam: A morning of fun activities for the whole family including our annual egg hunt, craft stations, frozen treats and more! | April 8, 10:30am-12pm in the Friendship Plaza
- Easter Worship Service: Join us on Sunday morning as we celebrate the resurrection of Christ together! | April 9, 10:30am in Brown Chapel
Women's MINISTRY SPRING TEA
- Join us as we gather together over tea and treats for fellowship and learning. At this year's event, we'll also have the opportunity to hear from special guest speaker Brooke P. Lee.
- Saturday, April 15 | 1-4pm | Ellipse Chapel at SDFC
- If you plan on attending, your prompt RSVP is appreciated; $25 registration fee payable online.
CLICK HERE to sign-up!
- Pickleball is a casual, fun, easy-to-learn game! Whether you want to learn how to play, or already have your own paddle and want to compete, come join us for open gym Pickleball at SDFC!
- Every Other Thursday | 6:00-8:30pm | Family Life Center
- Upcoming Pickleball Dates: March 2, 16 & 30